To represent and promote alumni and University interests by facilitating ongoing relationships between FAU and its alumni and by fostering loyalty and support for FAU.
Role of Association
- Serve and represent the institution
- Advance the goals and missions of the University and the Association
- Foster effective communication between the University and its alumni and friends
- Provide opportunities for alumni to support the University
- Communicate the strengths, concerns and needs of the University
- Offer programs and services that build loyalty, increase involvement and generate support for the University
- Project a quality image of the University and the Association
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors establishes policies and procedures related to the Association and provides input on the services and programs to be offered by the Association. The Board is composed of 15 to 33 elected general members serving in a voting capacity and up to six national/geographic voting members and other non-voting ex-officio members. Each director is elected for a three-year term, with one-third of the board elected annually. No director may serve more than six consecutive years in a voting capacity.
The Board meets quarterly to receive and review reports from Board members and the professional staff of the University to assure proper implementation of policies and procedures set forth by the Board and in accordance with Association by-laws.
Board members are expected to (a) serve as liaisons between the alumni and University and as ambassadors for the University; (b) serve on at least one standing committee/ad-hoc committee; (c) attend quarterly meetings, planning sessions and committee meetings; and (d) contribute to the financial support of the University. Board members can expect to spend approximately 40 to 50 hours per year on Association-related activities.
Association work is done primarily in committees composed of Association members (both Board and non-Board members). Meeting schedules vary. Each committee is chaired by an active Board member who reports to the Board of Directors at the quarterly meeting.