Food Bank Volunteer Event
As part of the giving season, the Palm Beach County Alumni Network will be volunteering at the PBC Food Bank on November 19th. This event will support families in need during the holiday season by sorting food. Please bring a non-perishable food donation if possible. Jupiter Donuts and Coffee will be provided to all volunteers who participate.
Please note the following:
- Saturday, November 19
- Palm Beach County Food Bank – 701 Boutwell Road Suite A-2 Lake Worth Beach, FL 33461
- All volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops) – (no exceptions)
- Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift
- Volunteer orientation starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. and at 1:00 p.m.
- Wear comfortable clothes – t-shirts, shorts, polo shirts are acceptable
- Masks are optional
- Long hair must be pulled back
- Gloves and hairnets will be provided when handling perishable food, i.e., fruits, vegetables, packing rice, etc.
- Volunteers will receive a 15-minute break during each shift (water will be provided)
- No cell phone use or eating permitted in the volunteer work area
- Show your support by wearing an FAU Shirt
The Food Bank is located at 701 A-2 Boutwell Rd Lake Worth FL, 33461 (Do not use GPS, it will direct you to Goodwill Industries, which is located behind the Food Bank)
- Take I-95 and exit at 10th Ave North
- Make a right turn on to 10th Avenue North (heading west)
- Stay in the left lane and make a left turn on to Boutwell Road (Orion gas station on the left corner)
- Make the first right at the entrance to the parking lot
- The Food Bank will be on your left towards the middle of the parking lot